Sunday, January 10, 2016

Book Review: How To Hear Your Angels by Doreen Virtue

Greetings Loves,

Provided by Amazon
Today I wanted to express my personal views on the book How To Hear Your Angels by Doreen Virtue.  Overall I adored this book, having not experienced too many things as far as angels are concerned, I found it to be a perfect beginner's book and a great intro to other Doreen Virtue books. I love how she gives descriptions on the major Archangels that she likes to discuss and that the information is the same as those on her website. She also goes into some detail over the various ways to connect with your angels as well as the differences between the ego and the actual connection with other beings comes into play. 

The only thing that I found odd, which I am not the only one to think so if you give a second to read some of the reviews on Amazon, is that she likes to site her other novels a lot in the middle of paragraphs. Though as I said, this is a good book to have an intro to her other novels, if you have already read her novels you will not be satisfied with these references, and do I day saw advertisements, for her other works. Also it should be worth noting that if you have read her other books then you will not like this book at all. Again, going off of other reviews on Amazon that I have seen, apparently she uses a lot of material from her other novels and does a 'copy and paste' into this book, making up at least 90% of the book. A lot of others were not happy about this, especially those who collect her novels and tarot decks throughout the years.

However, this was the first book by her that I have own and read of hers. I would state that this is a wonderful introduction book. It's a light read and you can finish it within an hour or two if you're reading straight through. It is also nice to have other sources of information that is by her if I am interested in the subjects she was discussing. No where in the book does she say you must buy her product, I got the vibe that she is just letting you know if you want to know more is all. The advertisements didn't leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Overall a cute little introduction book. I would recommend if you've never read her books before or if you've never read about angels before. Safe if you're not a pagan too, as she states in the beginning this caters to no specific religion because the angels do not.

Love and Light to You,
Ganshmi

No comments:

Post a Comment